Dental implant treatment is the go-to option for those who are self-conscious because they have missing teeth. If you do not wish to wear uncomfortable dentures or do not want to damage your perfectly healthy teeth for the sake of a bridge, implant treatment is the most suitable treatment plan for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a metal (mostly titanium) post that is surgically placed into the jawbone, just below the gum line. Once the implant is positioned, it allows the dentist to mount a replacement piece called a “crown” onto it.
What Are Different Types of Dental Implants?
Most doctors in Istanbul are using titanium endosteal implants.
Endosteal implants are the types of implants that are directly implanted into the jawbone. During treatment, the dentist will wait for the surrounding gum tissue and bone to heal and then proceed with a second implant surgery that entails connecting a post to the implant itself. At the end of the procedure the artificial tooth that has previously been manufactured is attached to the post, finalizing the treatment.
On the other hand, subperiosteal implants are made of a metal frame that is placed onto the jawbone. However, these implants are not usually applied as a first treatment option.
What Are Advantages of Dental Implants?
Because the procedure is long-lasting and steady, dental implants provide many benefits for the patients brave enough to go through it. Here are the most common advantages of implant treatments:
* Dental implants improve the patient’s appearance.
* They improve the patient’s talking, chewing and even breathing skills.
* Implants provide comfort in comparison to other missing tooth treatments such as bridges or dentures.
* Filling the space caused by a missing tooth enhances self-esteem and self-confidence.
* Dental implants improve oral health by making it easier to brush teeth and conducting basic oral hygiene.
* They are durable and may last a lifetime if provided with good care.
For more information on dental implant treatments, contact our dentist office in Zekeriyaköy.